About this clip | Willie Williams of De Forest and David Kies of Verona are just two of the many veterans who are sharing their memories of Vietnam for the latest in WPT’s portrayal of war through firsthand accounts — Wisconsin Vietnam War Stories. Williams served in the 25th Infantry Division in Cu Chi in 1966 and 1967. Kies served with the 173rd Airborne Division during the same period as the ten-year war was heating up.
- SUMMER INSTITUTES
- VIDEO LECTURES
- (04/19/2010) The Shape of the Twenty-First Century: Once and Future Threats
- (05/19/2010) What are the Real Lessons from the Vietnam War?
- (10/18/08) “One Minute to Midnight: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and Castro, on the Brink of Nuclear War”
- (10/28/2010) Americanism and Entitlement: Authorizing Big Government in an Age of Total War
- (10/8/09) The Hawk and the Dove: Paul Nitze, George Kennan, and the History of the Cold War
- (9/15/10) Foreign Policy and Grand Strategy in a Changing World
- (10/10/09) Sacred Trinity: U.S. National Security Policy during the American Century
- Earn College Credit
- 2011 Reading List