Below you will find the supplementary readings for each of next week’s presentations. All documents are in pdf format. The first document is the table of contents for the readings. This explains which readings accompany which lecture. The readings are posted below that in the order of the week’s lectures. You will also receive hard copies of these readings on Monday. We look forward to a stimulating week of history!
- SUMMER INSTITUTES
- VIDEO LECTURES
- (04/19/2010) The Shape of the Twenty-First Century: Once and Future Threats
- (05/19/2010) What are the Real Lessons from the Vietnam War?
- (10/18/08) “One Minute to Midnight: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and Castro, on the Brink of Nuclear War”
- (10/28/2010) Americanism and Entitlement: Authorizing Big Government in an Age of Total War
- (10/8/09) The Hawk and the Dove: Paul Nitze, George Kennan, and the History of the Cold War
- (9/15/10) Foreign Policy and Grand Strategy in a Changing World
- (10/10/09) Sacred Trinity: U.S. National Security Policy during the American Century
- Earn College Credit
- 2011 Reading List